About Eastern Europe
Hopping between the most famous cities of Europe, such as Paris, Rome, Italy, Barcelona and Amsterdam is a rite that most of us have practiced at least once in life or at least intend to. However, as they say, the popular is lame, travellers are slowly and imcreasingly changing directions and have began to raise their eyes towards the Eastern fringes of Europe. Already being touted as the hottest selling destination, there’s no particular need of exaggeration here.
Be it the christmas markets of Vienna, a dreamy picturesque cruise through the Danube, strolling through the cobbled lanes of Prague, glass icons of Romania or simply the vast history, culture and festivals across various patches of Europe, traversing through Eastern Europe is a revelation in itself.
So, let’s check out what exactly Eastern Europe packages can offer you.
- Sail the high seas in Croatia- With over 1000 islands and massive archipelagos, spending time at sea is a must in Croatia.
- Traverse across at least one of the vast national parks- Plitvice Lakes is a UNESCO site you should cross off your list. Do carry off your camera here. Wooden plank trails, dynamic colours of the lakes and glittering waterfalls makes this place look glorious.
- Go hiking to inland Dalmatia, Ucka mountain, or the Northern Velebit to soak in the wilderness and enjoy extreme biodiversity.
- Try all the food and wine you can lay your hands on in Croatia and attend a festival or two to experience the rich cuisine, art & culture of this dynamic country. Carry your wine along to one of the beaches that definitely includes the Zlatni Rat’s beach for the time of your life.
- Don’t skip Zagreb in your Eastern Europe Packages no matter what. Check out the intriguing museum of Broken Relationships and explore the fantabulous boutique fashion scenario, stroll effortlessly along the city admiring its architecture that goes way back to Austria-Hungarian empire.
- Your Eastern Europe Packages must visit this beautiful vast & culturally distinct country of Austria. While there is so much to explore, the must check outs include the inspiring city of Vienna. Explore its grandiose monuments, copious rich museums & attractive music venues. Relax at one of their myriad cafes with a book over a steaming cup of coffee.
- Visit the historic town, Innsbruck for some winter sports and fun. Engulfed with high mountains, enjoy its unspoiled beauty, check out the Hofburg palace to marvel at the finest German craft of Renaissance architecture.
- Next on Eastern Europe packages must be the city with a magnificent setting and the birthplace of classical Mozart, Salzburg. To narrow it down for you, must visits include the Old town, the dominating Salzburg castle, Mirabell gardens. Mozart’s residence and attend a festival if you have the time.
- Zell Am See is a spectacular town& alpine destination that is a hotspot for hiking due to it riveting landscape. Mustn’t miss outs include- skiing, ropeway rides, biking, the stunning Magic Lake Show on Tuesdays, Kitzsteinhorn Glacier
alpine picnics & ofcourse hiking!
- Visit the gorgeous town “Krems” for some fine wine tasting, the Sun town called “Lienz” that dates back to the Bronze age and has withstood the test of time & “Bad Gastien” famous as a spa town with hotsprings enjoyed by erstwhile monarchs and is also touted as a winter sports destination.
- A definite addition to Eastern Europe packages, the country’s capital, Prague doesn’t need an introduction. A vast city to explore, your must visits would include the Prague castle, the Charles Bridge, the beautiful Old town square, St. Vitus Cathedral and enjoy unpasteurized local beers, sift through Kafka’s old pages & enjoy crazy Czech nightlife.
Explore Kutná Hora, a UNESCO Heritage site and a stunning instance of late Gothic architecture whose must visit includes the Museum of Silver & the Church of St. Barbara & the intriguing Sedlec Ossuary.
- Check out Karlovy Vary, the famous spa town with over 300 hot springs, and visit the Glass Museum that flaunts 2000 fine sample of decorative glass work & exquisite Neoclassical and Art Nouveau colonnades with drikning & bathing fountains.
- Český Krumlov, the old renaissance town is a must add to Eastern Europe packages. Visit the Český Krumlov castle, stroll through the Old town center’s cobblestone streets, enjoy rafting and cannoeing in in the Vltava, explore the underground mine & gorge on huge plates of dumplings!
- Brno- the old city’s Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul is a must visit due to its exquisite Barouque interior. Other must adds are are the Špilberk Castle, the communist era nuclear fallout center called the 10Z Bunker, the Tugendhat villa. Take a segway tour to explore the best of the city.
Other must add cities in Eastern Europe packages that couldn’t find place up there include Budapest ( Hungary), Dubrovnik (Croatia), Bratislava (Slovakia), Tallinn (Estonia), Riga( Latvia), Warsaw (Poland), Carlsbad ( Czech Republic) and Krakow (Poland).