Beach town situated on the shores of Bay of Bengal, Digha is a popular tourist destination known for its untouched beaches and scenic views, especially among people in West Bengal
Digha is a one-stop destination for families looking forward to spend a pleasurable weekend. One of the best features of this hamlet is its varied and diverse tourist attraction spots. Known for its magnificent beaches, religious temples and high-tech research centers and museums, this most popular sea resort of West Bengal has a lot to offer for people of all age groups. Digha’s sceneries can also offer you the pleasure experienced in witnessing areas that have minimal human impact and are relatively untouched.
The Preferred Way of Going from Kolkata to Digha
The road distance from Kolkata to Digha is about 183 kms Via NH16 – NH116B route
Kolkata to Digha Route- Kolkata → Digha Via NH16 – NH116B route
If you’re deciding on a summer vacation road trip from Kolkata to Digha, the best way to reach Digha safe and fast is by a road trip. The best part is that it will take about 4 to 5 hours to reach (approx. 4 hours & 45 minutes) the seaside town.
Digha- Cygnett Inn Sea View Or similar
Hotel accommodation is strictly subject to availability at the time of booking.
Early morning, board the Car and start your journey from Kolkata to Digha which is approximately 183 Kms from Central Kolkata. Once in Digha, you may check-in to your hotel and freshen up. After you have rested, start the sightseeing tour of the popular attractions of the area. For the tour, the following places are recommended:
* Marine Aquarium and Regional Centre: Aquarium with saltwater & freshwater tanks featuring a variety of regional marine life.
* Digha Beach: The serene beach which kisses and the Bay of Bengal and provides with some serene view.
* Nehru Market: A market which provides with a wide range of products in cheap prices.
At the completion of the tour, the driver will drop you back to the hotel. And overnight stay at Digha
After waking up, and after the Breakfast, Start the sightseeing tour of Digha. For the second day of the local sightseeing, the following places are recommended:
* Amarabati Park: A perfect place for the kids who can enjoy in this lush green park
* Digha Science Centre & National Science Camp: Science museum featuring interactive exhibits, science camps for students & a planetarium.
* Chandaneswar Temple: Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva & a popular New Year’s festival pilgrimage destination.
* Digha Mohona Watch Point: This is the meeting point of river Champa with the mighty Bay of Bengal.
* Sankarpur Fishing Harbor: Famous hub where local fishermen & scores of trawling boats maintain vessels & head out to sea, after complete the sightseeing, driver back to the hotel. And overnight stay at Digha..
After waking up, and after the Breakfast, Check from the Digha & drive back to Kolkata.
There may be certain surcharges applicable at the time of booking. All above rates are subject to availability at the time of confirmation and can be changed without prior notice
All tours are subject to weather conditions and will operate only if weather permits, no refund will be given if services are not operated due to weather or natural problems.
Please make sure you follow the timings given by the driver and guide for all the services and transfers. In case you fail to follow the timings, the Driver will leave for which no refund will be given.
Hotel and airline cancellations to be applied.
Hotels suggested in the itinerary can be changed and will be equivalent or more to the one given to you in terms of price as per the official rate sheet of the hotel.
Service tax extra as per new GST rules
Any kind of delays in flight such as fog or technical problem is not the responsibility of Trip Tap Toe and any kind of hotel cancellations and no shows will be the responsibility of the client.
This tour is subject to availability.